About the position
Help Desk Engineer Level 1
We are looking for an entry level Helpdesk Engineer to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be self-sufficient, requiring minimal guidance with the ability to make business critical decisions on their own. This position is open for remote or onsite candidates.
- Location: Oakland Rd near Murphy
- Job Title: Help Desk Engineer Level 1
- Compensation: $25-$35 Hourly Plus Bonus
- Hours: Full Time
In this important service role, reporting directly to our IT Manager, you’ll provide and support many of our critical services including:
- Provide level 1 desktop troubleshooting from applications to operating system
- Primarily on phone support taking inbound support calls
- Troubleshoot application issues with or 3rd party vendors
- Create service tickets documenting time entries, root cause and detailed resolution of issue
- Create or update documents internally when appropriate
- Company core values: Exceed Expectations, Reliable, Empowered, Accountable, Teamwork
- Level Up MSP is currently a team of five. We are looking to add a sixth.
- You will have the opportunity to experience many different aspects of IT.
- We offer excellent opportunities for growth and a great career path.
- We often provide company lunches on Fridays.
- We work hard because we enjoy what we do and the people we help.
- We have quarterly company events to celebrate our hard work.
- We offer very flexible schedules to adapt to our individual needs when they arise.
- We HATE micro-managing.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years-experience in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 support
- Deep familiarity with Office 365 and Microsoft Office suite
- Familiar with technical understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Print Services, GPO, Backup, RDS
- Excellent written/spoken communication and troubleshooting skills (This is essential!)
- Willing to learn and grow as technologies change and advance
- Ability to work well with individuals having a wide range of computer skills, specifically when communicating technical information.
- Able to effectively use all available resources to solve complex or stubborn problems
- Able to think and act proactively to understand customer concerns and pain-points
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Other duties/tasks as assigned
Benchmarks and KPIs (how you’ll be evaluated on the job)
- Log a minimum of 30 billable service hours per week
- Earn client and staff satisfaction on a regular and ongoing basis
- Satisfactorily achieve ongoing targets, goals, and objectives as set by the IT Service Manager
- Adhere to the company’s high standards of completing tasks in a timely manner, accurately, and efficiently
- Demonstrate ability to follow detailed instructions with a high degree of accuracy
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly with bonus system
- Medical, dental, and vision care insurance coverage
- 10 paid holidays with 5 days of vacation in first year. 10 days of vacation after first year
- Paid on-the-job training provided to grow your IT knowledge and skillset
We’re looking to fill this position with a qualified candidate ASAP. If you have the skills and the experience, with a desire to work for a growing company in an exciting industry, please apply now using the form below. All applications will be acknowledged with suitable candidates asked to interview.